In A Little While
1 Peter 5:8-14 – Final week
To all Koinonia Home Group Leaders
Thank you for praying through the Prayer Acrostic (PREPARE US). This is such an important time to be praying for our church family.
We will begin a four-part series called “Believe.” This series ends on Easter/Resurrection Sunday.
We will soon begin a series that we want all Koinonia Home groups to focus on called “Follow Me” by David Platt. This will be a church-wide adventure for all ages – TLC, Middle School, High School, and adults. I think you will be very challenged and encouraged as we journey together.
Here are a few quick start points:
- It is composed of three parts: Sunday messages, personal studies, and home groups. The groups will focus on what we’re learning as well as watching a DVD by David Platt.
- The Bible Study each week will have 5 days of studies, one of which is about making a Personal Discipleship Plan. (Yes, this will be very challenging but has amazing upside potential.)
- The subjects will be on what it means to be a true follower of Jesus. I have read all six weeks (30 studies) and yes, there are some very penetrating questions and statements. I am sure that most of us will do some serious self-examination and ask God to work in us.
- The church where the writer serves asks every leader and member to make a “Personal Discipleship Plan” every year. This alone could be life changing for many of us.
- The potential for growth is very high. Your leadership will be essential to the success of this adventure in discipleship.
April 27: “Follow Me”, our six-week adventure together begins on April 27.
April 6: Books will go on sale on the plaza beginning April 6 for $12. Each adult will need one.
We are securing the DVD sets needed for each of your groups and will get them to you A.S.A.P.
Journeying with you in following Jesus,
Click Here To Open Leader’s Guide