As we pray and reach out to people, God is doing a good work. 50 new people have joined Koinonia Home Groups. This is exceptional! In addition, we have 5 new groups and they are filling up beautifully. God has a place for every person and He is bringing everything together magnificently.
Some of you had studied “Week One” last week and others are on “Week Two” this week. Let me encourage you to do what is needed to build relationships, foster trust, and think long-term. Just to be helpful, I sent each of you a file on “The Role of a Koinonia Home Group Leader.” It contains some long-term ideas to help you lead and shepherd your group.
May I suggest the following steps for the next few weeks:
- Focus on relationships in your time together and through building connections. Make sure everyone has the contact information for one another and encourage taking the time to get to know more about each other.
- Print out a calendar that you can fill out together. This is a good role to ask someone in the group to do. On the calendar can be where and when you are meeting, upcoming events you are planning, and all-church events (such as this Sunday night Q and A time and Halloween Happenin’ on October 31).
- Pray for one another. Ask how you can pray for each person, for their friends and family, and for opportunities God has before them.
Calendar Notes for all Koinonia Leaders:
- Adult classes begin this Sunday, September 14.
- First Base was moved to September 28 from 11:15 am-3:00 pm in Room M201. Childcare is available and lunch is a part of the session. Please register online or on Sunday.
- TLC musical auditions on are Thursday, September 25.
Special prayer needs
David and Lucy Kiamu, our missionaries in Liberia, have requested prayer. Friends are dying in their area from Ebola.
Thank you for your good work of shepherding God’s people,