Knowing each person of your group will help you shepherd your group. As you pray and listen, ask our Father to give you insight into each person. What is their spiritual maturity? Where do they hurt? What concerns do they hold? What passions and gifts do they exhibit? What motivates them?
As we learn more, we are better able to build up one another. Encourage you group to value one another and learn how God can use you to serve and group together.
This is a good week to work on calendaring together. If you haven’t yet, ask someone to be the keeper of the calendar. I would like to suggest that you include the following on your group calendar:
- Where you will meet each week
- Who is bringing treats
- Dates for sharing a meal and communion. (see Scriptures below)
- Dates for doing something fun when you can invite people from your circle of influence
- Opportunities to serve together (could be through church, neighborhood)
- All-church events (e.g. Halloween Happenin’, men’s or women’s breakfast, holiday times)
Scriptures you could use for Communion: 1 Corinthians 11:23-26 or Matthew 26:26-29 (traditional passages); Ephesians 1:7-8 or 2:3-5; Titus 3:3-7; Romans 6:6-9; 2 Corinthians 5:21; 8:9; 1 Peter 1:3-5; 2:24-25; 3:18; Hebrews 10:19-23; Colossians 1:19-22
As you pray for one another, remember to pray for one another’s circle of influence – neighbors, coworkers, etc.
May our Father strengthen and encourage you as you serve His people,
Click Here To Open Leader’s Guide